Saturday, December 31, 2011

Two for the Price of One


Call me unAmerican, but I don't want to watch a whole day of bowl games with a dash of college basketball.  I'm not saying I'm against the sports, because there are days that I don't mind vegging in front of the tube cheering on my favorite team.  But I think my daily quota is one game.  Yup just one.  Not a marathon ESPN Sport Center, followed by back to back sports.

Now a marathon of Millionaire Matchmaker is another story...but I digress.

What irritates me, AFTER I spend the entire day putting up with the TV getting changed back and forth between games and ESPN (because picture in picture isn't that worth it when you're on AFN), I am not allowed to watch what I want.

Let me explain a little better.  We have Armed Forces Network (AFN) while we are living in Italy; it's a special line-up of programs that the military has contracted to let us watch while not being in the USA.  It's instead of getting stuck with the local cable, which may or may not be in our language, and/or show us shows that we are accustomed to watching.  We are VERY lucky, nowadays, because some shows we can see pretty soon after they air in the US; ie: you know how you get to watch NCIS on Tuesdays?  Well we get to watch the episode you watched on tuesday, on Wednesday (so don't spoil it for us!).  And if the show is live - like football games - we watch it the same time you do, although with the time delay.  Yup, that was us staying up for the superbowl starting at midnight (GO PACKERS!), and there have been many times that hubby stayed up until 2 am to watch Monday Night Football.  (Oh and the best part of it all, is it's commercial free; well American commercial free.  The "commercials" are actually ads for military-sponsored stuff, where you can learn about American history, American Locations, or about benefits in the military.  One day, I'll expound a little more on the beauty (cough, cough) of AFN.)

And we don't - wait for it - have DVR or TIVO.  I know totally gasp-worthy.

SOOOOOO when I want to watch ONE thing, after dealing with watching what he wanted, I get "Haven't you already watched that movie?"

D'oh.

Yup, that's my life.  And BTW you got two blog posts today, for the price of one.

You're welcome.

 ♥ G

P.S.
Did you get your
Double Check Discount Today?

No comments:

Post a Comment